Free Range Readers

Nurturing Self Reliant Readers and Writers in K-6 classrooms

It Takes a Village, PLUS!

| 0 comments

More reflecting on student reading and writing as the school year begins. I am excited about the possibilities for curriculum work and building new relationships. I was lucky to have some wonderful opportunities for collaboration in my previous school, and one thing I know is that we get stronger and smarter when we teachers work together.

I love to knit and crochet, and have enjoyed learning new stitches and patterns in what is known as “CAL” or “KAL” projects…..crochet-along and knit-along, respectively. I’ve been thinking about “TAL” ….a teach-along, or something similar to the weekly participation projects a lot of bloggers enjoy. Any and all thoughts encouraged…. leave a comment!

Right now, I’m in a major “gathering/collecting” mode……trying to pull teaching resources together. Stay tuned!

Author: mnosal

I have been in education for all of my life, in one way or another. After teaching 5th grade at an urban public charter school, I have decided to return to the public schools and to literacy coaching K-5. I also teach and mentor preservice teachers.