Free Range Readers

Nurturing Self Reliant Readers and Writers in K-6 classrooms

It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?

| 3 Comments

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Just getting started and hoping to include books from children’s picture books and novels to professional texts. I am currently reading:

This great professional resource is giving me plenty to think about for my shared reading work. I love the practicality and the fun of the ideas Chris and Kate put forward. It’s always great when you can internalize a structure, and for me, the way that I can organize my teaching around lenses, and then move from lenses to patterns and into deeper understanding really makes sense. I love professional books that inspire and get me excited to teach, and this is one of those books!

I also recently returned to an old favorite, Childtimes, by Eloise Greenfield

9780064461344

I love using this book as a source for short, thought provoking pieces. This past month, my 5th graders and I enjoyed celebrating Eloise Greenfield’s work as an author.

Two books “on deck” for reading this week are

9780062015051 and  243_NavigatingEarly

Happy Reading!

Author: mnosal

I have been in education for all of my life, in one way or another. After teaching 5th grade at an urban public charter school, I have decided to return to the public schools and to literacy coaching K-5. I also teach and mentor preservice teachers.

3 Comments

1. Breadcrumbs is one of my favorite books ever! I will be reading it aloud to my 5th graders when we return from winter break. I hope you love it!

2. Thanks, Christina!
    I am hoping to read it with my 5th graders, as well!

3. I too loved Breadcrumbs-hope you enjoy it, too. Still need to read Navigating Early-so many say it’s wonderful! And Childtimes is one I use for memoir study-a beautiful book for sure. Thanks!