Free Range Readers

Nurturing Self Reliant Readers and Writers in K-6 classrooms

It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?

| 0 comments

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?

The Joy of Planning, by Franki Sibberson, which fits with my #nerdlution of refining my planning this year! I am a person who likes structure, and I always gravitate toward cycles in planning. This is a nifty, efficient little gem of a resource, and provokes good thoughts about joyful planning. Check it out if you haven’t already, or revisit it if you have it!

41mSYEWztsL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_

And for my children’s lit,

Wangari’s Trees of Peace

Wangari's Trees of Peace

I am re-reading everything by Jeanette Winter these days. There is real beauty in the simplicity with which she writes about and illustrates the life stories of incredible people whose small acts of kindness and/or genius have made a strong and positive impact on large groups of people. I share her books with my students and their families, and am always touched by the responses I receive. Thank you, Jeanette Winter!

Author: mnosal

I have been in education for all of my life, in one way or another. After teaching 5th grade at an urban public charter school, I have decided to return to the public schools and to literacy coaching K-5. I also teach and mentor preservice teachers.